October is a month that is filled with Fall fun and several birthday’s in our family! Some may only be thinking of pumpkin spice latte’s and Halloween costumes, but I am starting to think about this year’s Christmas cards.
I LOVE to look at these Christmas cards, year after year, and see how much my girl’s have grown and what it was like the day I took these photos. Pictures with children aren’t so simple, but embracing the chaos during the process, can make you laugh years later.
I enjoy taking pictures of my girls in our home because that, to me, is the meaning of Christmas. I gear towards a relaxed, everyday style, incorporating decorations that I already have.
Here are TIPS FOR CREATING A FUN DIY CHRISTMAS CARD WITH YOUR CHILDREN
- Gather inspiration a week before you would like to start taking pictures.
- Think of colors you want to use
- General Vibe or Feelings for the picture. Example: Boho Christmas, Vintage Santa look, etc.
- SHOP YOUR HOME
- Look through Christmas Decorations you already own! I grabbed star garland, a wreath, and lights are always a fun prop.
- Look at the Weather Forecast for where you would like to take pictures.
- Choose a Sunny day for best natural light or outside photos
- HAVE FUN! This is a great memory with your children. I allowed my girls to just take the props and see what they did with them. I snapped photos of them just having fun!
This is such a cost effective way to save money during the holidays! I always end up printing my pictures at Walgreens and ALWAYS search for a coupon code via Google. There is usually always a 50 or 60% off coupon.
There are so many ways you can get creative with having fun and capturing great moments in a photo. I hope you found some Christmas inspiration here.